Technical Project Manager
With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
BenevolentAI is at the forefront of applying artificial intelligence to drug discovery. We’ve developed sophisticated software systems that explore massive amounts of data to identify novel treatments for diseases. And we’ve built interactive tools for drug discoverers to derive insights from our knowledge graph, and for chemists to carry out AI-aided molecular design. We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to lead one of the BenevolentAI teams! This role will be responsible for supporting the delivery of such collaborations by managing cross functional teams across geographies as well as external stakeholders in a dynamic environment to ensure successful delivery.BenevolentAI is committed to growing diverse and inclusive teams. We welcome you to apply if the job description as a whole appeals, even if there are specific areas where you don’t have previous experience.
- Accountable for the management of technical projects to enable BAU product delivery.
- Work alongside product and software teams to facilitate cross functional project delivery.
- Collaboration with Engineering and product managers to define project requirements, set priorities, and establish scope which includes defining the roadmap.
- Understands a product spec and creates a project plan to meet the use cases.Works closely with product managers to understand the risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies across the projects and the lessons learnt.
- Track and appropriately communicate status, decisions, actions, risks and issues to stakeholders.
- Manages stakeholders appropriately, effectively communicating progress and status of the project, proposing mitigation strategies when needed.
- Define and track key metrics, key quality and performance indicators to drive cross functional execution of program deliverables.Understands high-level company strategy and ensures alignment to project direction.
- Promotes collaboration to simplify complex problems or discover solutions.
- Possesses thought leadership, technical understanding and execution excellence.
We are looking for someone with
- Experience managing complex technical projects that could be in artificial intelligence, infrastructure or software development.
- Proven experience in collaborating with development teams to accomplish goals in a timely manner.Experience in project management including change management, scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risk management.
- Experience delivering using Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Experience working in cross-functional and distributed teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in project management tools to document, detail, and track work within the team.
- Experience defining roadmaps, writing detailed specifications, and on time delivery.
- Ability to apply strategic thinking to broad concepts with vision to develop structured plans to effectively execute them.
- Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle from conception to delivery.4+ years with technical project management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related technical discipline (or equivalent work experience).
- Experience working with engineering teams to deliver products.
Nice to have but optional
- Experience in drug discovery or in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Project management qualifications
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
BenevolentAI unites AI with human expertise to discover new and more effective medicines. Our unique computational R&D platform spans every step of the drug discovery process, powering an in-house pipeline of over 25 drug programmes. We advance our mission to reinvent drug discovery by harnessing the power of a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, experiences, opinions and personalities. In our offices in London and New York and research facility in Cambridge (UK), we work in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams, harnessing skills across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI, machine learning, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team will only contact you from the domain @benevolent.ai. If you receive a suspicious contact request, please email email@example.com. Thank you.