Senior IT Support Manager
With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
We’re looking for an IT expert to join BenevolentAI as a Senior IT Lead. In this capacity, you will supervise information technology (IT) support staff; oversee computer system and software maintenance and repair; assist with computer equipment purchasing and installation; and maintain networks and connectivity for users.
BenevolentAI is committed to growing diverse and inclusive teams. We welcome you to apply if the job description as a whole appeals, even if there are specific areas where you don’t have previous experience.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources across the various offices, including but not limited to: IT tickets, data centre issue resolution, and on-call support.
- Directs IT research into new technologies in accordance with user needs.
- Specific attention paid to networking:
- Has got hands-on experience setting up, configuring and supporting Cisco or Juniper firewalls and routers in an enterprise-level environment/ISP
- Has got experience with in-depth network troubleshooting.
- Has got experience with network monitoring and telemetry solutions.
- Initiates, coordinates, and enforces systems, policies, and procedures.
- Builds and retains an effective team of IT professionals.
- Maintains BenevolentAI’s corporate effectiveness and efficiency by defining and delivering strategic IT plans in alignment with the company’s business strategy.
- Has extensive experience with scripting or automation – Python preferred.
- Specific attention paid to IT security:
- Maintains a safe and secure environment including managing of controls for identity, physical access and network access.
- Implements and manages IT security controls for company endpoint, network, and cloud solutions.
- Monitors and reports on compliance with IT security policies and procedures.
- Maintains inventories for all hardware and software assets.
- Preserves availability of IT systems by implementing; high availability, backup, and disaster recovery procedures and control standards.
- Maintains an effective vulnerability and patch management program.
- Maintains professional technical knowledge for themselves and their team, through professional development and training programmes.
- Coordinates training and orientation for new BenevolentAI users. Helps them become familiar with relevant software, equipment, and networks.
- Ensures all users benefit from effective technology and efficient access to all internal and external resources (Internet, VPN, Office365, etc). Continually assesses user needs, and improves IT over time to accommodate changes in requirements.
- Establishes relationships with technology and component vendors. Monitors alternative solutions on the market and the costs associated with changing vendors.
- Manages departmental budget. Tracks spending of all software, equipment, and IT staff.
We are looking for someone with
- Experience managing teams, directing IT budgets, and setting strategic direction in alignment with senior leadership at the company.
- Experience with multiple office locations across timezones.
- Solid understanding of IT systems management for: Linux desktop, Linux servers, Windows, MacOS, Android, iPhone
- Familiarity with multiple of the following technologies: Juniper, Okta, IPSec VPN, GitLab, GSuite, Office365, Cisco Meraki, AWS, Google Cloud
- A professional degree in a related field.
- Certification in various IT specialisation.
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
BenevolentAI unites AI with human expertise to discover new and more effective medicines. Our unique computational R&D platform spans every step of the drug discovery process, powering an in-house pipeline of over 25 drug programmes. We advance our mission to reinvent drug discovery by harnessing the power of a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, experiences, opinions and personalities. In our offices in London and New York and research facility in Cambridge (UK), we work in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams, harnessing skills across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI, machine learning, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team will only contact you from the domain @benevolent.ai. If you receive a suspicious contact request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.