Senior Drug Discovery Project Manager
With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
As a Senior Project Manager within the Drug Discovery Portfolio Management Office, you will be an independent contributor who partners across the Drug Discovery organisation to accelerate and streamline internal operations. You will play a key role in ensuring that activities operate flawlessly to ensure the successful delivery of our Drug Discovery and Development portfolio which is at the core of our business.
- Support the development and maintenance of resource and capacity assessments to optimise the allocation of resources.
- Collaborate with heads of functions to support resourcing and capacity strategies that can flex and scale when needed.
- Productionise a framework to monitor department work scheduling building and implement a structured cadence and format for reporting.
- Facilitate resource management reviews and contribute to the process of resource forecasting across the Drug Discovery organisation.
- Work with Project Managers and project teams during project planning to ensure the success of the overall project.
- Evolve and report key performance metrics of performance in collaboration with functional teams.
- Collate qualitative and quantitative information on performance and produce reports for internal decision-making.
- Managing ad-hoc project analysis based on business priorities.
- Manage and expose risks and dependencies to identify sources of limitation and constraint. Access priorities and create mitigation plans.
- Champion best practices in project management and embed better ways of working across the organisation.
- Support the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of project management systems.
We are looking for someone with
- Previous experience in project management with a good understanding of the application of project management principles in either pharmaceutical/biotech/life sciences.
- Good knowledge of the Drug Discovery and/or Development process.
- Ability to operate effectively within an entrepreneurial and science-driven company environment, both in-person and virtually.
- Proven experience in collaborating with functional teams to accomplish defined goals in a timely manner.
- Excellent organisational skills. Ability to multitask and work independently to demanding, changing schedules and priorities.
- Effective communicator with a decisive yet collaborative leadership style and ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships across organisational boundaries.
- Can-do attitude, proactive approach to problem-solving and issue resolution.
- Proficient in the use of common office and project management software.
- Experience in developing and utilising metrics to demonstrate and drive performance.
Nice to Haves:
- A professional project management qualification e.g. PMP, PRINCE2, AgilePM is not essential but a bonus.
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
BenevolentAI (AMS: BAI) is a leading, clinical-stage AI-enabled drug discovery and development company listed on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange. Through the combined capabilities of its AI platform, scientific expertise, and wet-lab facilities, BenevolentAI is well-positioned to deliver novel drug candidates with a higher probability of clinical success than those developed using traditional methods. The Benevolent Platform™ powers a growing in-house pipeline of 13 named drug programmes and over 10 exploratory programmes, and it maintains successful collaborations with AstraZeneca, as well as leading research and charitable institutions. BenevolentAI is headquartered in London, with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and a further office in New York.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team thinks about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team will only contact you from the domain @benevolent.ai. If you receive a suspicious contact request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.