With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
The Finance team plays a key role in supporting BenevolentAI’s decisions on the direction of how we deploy our resources, as well as fulfilling the responsibilities of regular finance compliance throughout the year. Your input will be invaluable where you have an eye for accurate detail, take pride in identifying, implementing and completing project improvements and appreciate being part of a professional and collaborative team. At BenevolentAI, we enjoy working proactively across teams on a daily basis to provide clear, concise and useful guidance. You will bring your technical accounting knowledge and understanding of strong process and system controls to complement and build on the Financial Operation team's delivery of good corporate governance and compliance internally and externally to the business. The role reports to the Group Finance Manager, based in the London office (with remote working as required due to current government guidelines).
- Annual Audit - assisting with the interim and year end audit preparation and queries from the Group auditors to enable prompt signing of annual accounts
- Tax and statutory submissions
- VAT review - Reviewing VAT postings as part of the month end process to ensure accurate statutory reporting and compliance
- Annual corporate tax support - to support annual returns
- Payroll related tax - including tax on benefits
- Office of National Statistics returns
In-house financial operations support
- Management Accounts – prepare month-end journals, prepayments and accruals across a number of entities and the reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts. Working closely with the Group Finance Manager to produce the group consolidated monthly Management Accounts and with the FP&A team for their variance analysis.
- Fixed Assets - management of the fixed assets, their reporting within Netsuite and assisting with IFRS16 adjustments.
- Group Expenses – administration of the group expenses systems, Expensify/SAP Concur. As recently implemented systems, there is ongoing refinement as well as exploring functional/reporting capabilities.
- Systems support - support on accounting and expenses platforms to maximise effective and efficient use of existing and future technologies
- Purchase approvals and controls - supporting the business to ensure the workflow from requisition to invoice posting is controlled and in line with company budgets and authorisation approval policies
- Advising Group Accounts - Advising the group accounts team on correct accounting postings and investigating differences where required
Finance team and business support
- Partnering with FP&A team - reviewing transactions for accuracy and identifying efficiencies/improvements in the reporting processes
- Finance contact across the company – act as a key finance contact for questions coming from non-finance business users in our London and New York offices. Providing answers or directing queries to the right person and being proactive in educating and liaising with others in the business on finance matters in a true business partnering manner .
- Supporting other Finance processes – Assist other members of the Group Finance team with other analysis, statutory reporting, efficiency projects where relevant.
We are looking for someone with
- A qualified highly motivated individual who can communicate well at all levels with finance and non-finance individuals
- Can adapt and embrace change in a fast growth company
- A team-oriented approach to working
- Intermediate Excel (Vlookups/Pivots)
- Strong current technical accounting knowledge
- Interest in driving systems improvements
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Preferred knowledge in tech or scientific industries and start up or SME businesses
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
BenevolentAI unites AI with human expertise to discover new and more effective medicines. Our unique computational R&D platform spans every step of the drug discovery process, powering an in-house pipeline of over 25 drug programmes. We advance our mission to reinvent drug discovery by harnessing the power of a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, experiences, opinions and personalities. In our offices in London and New York and research facility in Cambridge (UK), we work in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams, harnessing skills across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI, machine learning, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team will only contact you from the domain @benevolent.ai. If you receive a suspicious contact request, please email email@example.com. Thank you.