Office Assistant / Receptionist
With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
As an Office Assistant / Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for BenevolentAI visitors and colleagues. Your duties include hosting guests and offering administrative support across the organisation. You will greet people who visit the business, coordinate front-desk activities, provide administrative support to the Office Team, and have involvement with Maintenance and General suppliers.
As an Office Assistant
- Employee systems: Keep updating employee systems with Joiners and Leavers and any other updates required in our internal platforms - Workrite, Sign IN APP, Slack, Confluence, Google Suite/shared drives, Paxton among others (training provided).
- Calendar Management: Responsible for meeting room booking, Calendar management and meeting room set up.
- Office and Events Support: Full admin support to Office Manager and wider team, source quotes for events, register new suppliers, make payments, raise purchase orders, set up events area and coordinate logistics during the events.
- Stock Levels: Review stock levels for kitchen consumables, cleaning chemicals and Stationery - purchase anything needed for the office's smooth running.
- H&S: Daily walk around and H&S checks, reporting and booking maintenance as necessary to line manager or responsible contractor, weekly Compliance tests (Fire Alarm / Emergency Lights), help plan fire drills, liaise with suppliers and book in the calendar weekly/monthly planned maintenance for the office.
As a Receptionist…
- Visitors and New Joiners: Welcomes visitors ad New Joiners by greeting them in the Benevolent way. We like to make people feel welcome and safe in our office.
- Phone calls: Answer phone calls and allocate messages. Keep Reception clean and tidy at all times.
- Courier and Mailing Support: Manage courier booking and tracking system and be responsible for mailing and tracking packages.
- Security: Immediately report any issues and check security cameras regularly (training provided).
- Support: Scanning and photocopying for the office team and wider departments. Ordering goods (stationery, consumables, decoration and food when necessary).
We are looking for someone with
- Friendly and approachable behaviour towards daily tasks and ad-hoc requests.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Be a team player, interact with your peers and find resourceful solutions.
- Respond well to pressure and deadlines.
- Cover for office team absences with flexibility.
- High attention to detail.
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
BenevolentAI unites AI with human expertise to discover new and more effective medicines. Our unique computational R&D platform spans every step of the drug discovery process, powering an in-house pipeline of over 25 drug programmes. We advance our mission to reinvent drug discovery by harnessing the power of a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, experiences, opinions and personalities. In our offices in London and New York and research facility in Cambridge (UK), we work in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams, harnessing skills across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI, machine learning, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team will only contact you from the domain @benevolent.ai. If you receive a suspicious contact request, please email email@example.com. Thank you.