With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
Working as part of a strong, unified people team, the People Partner is a role designed to work in partnership with designated Groups and managers, developing a detailed understanding of the specific issues and challenges within the areas. A key focus will be delivering proactive and responsive people advice and successfully implementing the people strategy that delivers solutions.
The role will have specific responsibility for providing professional advice and consultancy to managers on a range of issues, which will include managing the entire employee life cycle. This will include providing coaching in people management, developing and updating policies, ensuring that payroll and benefits are actioned, managing the onboarding process, managing and implementing a range of organisational change projects and producing and analysing workforce metrics to aid decision making.
- Providing advice and support to managers: Working closely with management teams within designated directorates, attending team meetings and providing high-level advice and consultancy support. Supporting managers in making decisions that are consistent with organisational values, policies and practices and are consistently applied
- Working with the wider People team in projects in line with business requirements, developing project and implementation plans, monitoring progress and escalating issues where required
- Contributing to a positive employee relations culture, respecting formal and informal channels of communication, whilst also developing new models for communicating and engaging with staff
- Working with managers to develop staffing structures, job roles and contractual arrangements that best meet the changing needs of BAI.
- To help manage change in a way that balances legal, contractual issues with practical considerations
- Supporting, developing and coaching people managers to manage all people issues in line with BAI policies, ideally resolving issues where possible at an early stage
- Working in partnership with managers to ensure all review meetings are undertaken and providing assistance and coaching where necessary
- Capturing learning and development trends and needs, cascading to the L&D Manager whereas appropriate
- Assessing the quality of review meetings and working closely with the Head of People Partnering to identify and support training needs
- Monitoring, tracking and carrying out sickness reviews to support management processes, liaising with occupational health and other support services at an early stage and ensuring that regular reports and information is provided to managers
- Contributing to ensuring that people systems and administrative processes are efficient, effective and responsive to BAI needs, reviewing practices and the use of technology where necessary
- Promoting the active use of people systems, policies and processes, challenging appropriately as necessary
- Advising managers on our processes of non-employees e.g. consultants, contractors temporary workers etc
- Ensure that all queries in the HR inbox are answered within the same day
- Regular meetings and participation in people-based discussions within Group
- Update relevant People Partner trackers of all notes from meetings and give updates at the weekly meetings.
- Schedule time to work on allocated projects
We are looking for someone with
- CIPD qualified, Member status (MCIPD), relevant degree level qualification or equivalent, or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge and application of UK employment law.
- Experience in the Biotech or Technology industry
- Up to speed with HRIS technology
- Approach issues with a ‘can do attitude’, driving tasks forward to a successful conclusion Seen as an ambassador for the people services team
- Proven ability to establish personal credibility quickly, demonstrate the organisation’s values and build trust with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent relationship building with the ability to collaborate, persuade and influence effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while working with ambiguity
- Ability to hold challenging conversations while remaining relaxed
- Flexibility to undertake business travel to BAI office locations
- Evidence of sound judgement and a people focussed approach
- Evidence of excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Evidence of resilience
Nice to haves
- Project Management qualification
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
BenevolentAI (AMS: BAI) is a leading, clinical-stage AI-enabled drug discovery and development company listed on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange. Through the combined capabilities of its AI platform, scientific expertise, and wet-lab facilities, BenevolentAI is well-positioned to deliver novel drug candidates with a higher probability of clinical success than those developed using traditional methods. The Benevolent Platform™ powers a growing in-house pipeline of 13 named drug programmes and over 10 exploratory programmes, and it maintains successful collaborations with AstraZeneca, as well as leading research and charitable institutions. BenevolentAI is headquartered in London, with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and a further office in New York.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team thinks about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team will only contact you from the domain @benevolent.ai. If you receive a suspicious contact request, please email email@example.com. Thank you.