With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
The People Partner will support colleagues in the NYC office with all people related aspects, including the processing of payroll, the compliant administration of employee benefits and legal NYC / NY State legal people requirements. The post also works in partnership with key stakeholders to proactively identify high-quality people solutions that foster positive employee engagement in line with the people plan.
- Collaborate with the Talent Acquisition team to understand the hiring pipeline for NYC to create a positive onboarding process for all new hires and internal talent movement.
- Work with the IT team and the People Coordinator to ensure a seamless onboarding (inc. background checks) and off-boarding experience for colleagues and internal stakeholders.
- Prepare and manage payroll schedules for our NYC site on a twice-monthly basis using Paychex.
- Administration of all NYC colleague benefit schemes (health insurance, 401(k) etc.) and collaboration with the Reward Analyst to ensure that employees are rewarded in line with career and market levels.
- Ensure any compliance training and frameworks are put in place to support the NYC team.
- Liaise with external counsel and the HR Director on all matters around immigration, visas and relocation for NYC colleagues.
- Collaborate with the Employee Engagement Manager and Office and Operations Manager (NYC) to deliver internal communications and engagement activities that promote a positive employee experience.
- Provide support for the twice-yearly performance review cycles as required.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with managers and employees in order to coach and advise on People policies, practices and procedures, escalating where required.
- Uses the people dashboard, data and metrics to make recommendations to improve the employee experience.
- Act as the HRIS system administrator and build reports to assist the people team with metrics and dashboards. Also, recommend continuous system improvements and automation to streamline people processes.
- Take ownership of people projects, as part of the overall company people plan.
- Champions a culture of continuous improvements in tools and policies through external market trends, workforce data analytics and insights and internal best practice.
- Proactively identify and anticipate people issues, and recommends solutions and frameworks that support the company culture.
- Periodic updating of the NYC colleague handbook.
- Support the delivery of the employee experience focused on people planning, onboarding, talent management, employee relations, employee engagement, performance management, reward and recognition and employee offboarding.
- Coordinate and support any L&D initiatives that may be required from time to time.
We are looking for someone with
- At least two years’ experience of working in an HR role, overseeing payroll and benefits, and understanding of US legal requirements.
- Strong exposure and use of People / HR information systems.
- Ability to communicate, challenge and influence a variety of stakeholders effectively.
- Ability to identify people implications as a consequence of business decisions and changes to the organisation structure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the proven ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to multitask effectively, well organised and able to find pragmatic solutions, seek improvement and adapt to changing situations.
- Payroll and benefits admin experience - knowledge of Paychex Flex (desirable).
- Takes pride in work, maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Self-starter with a positive and enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude who can mentor other members of the team.
- HR qualifications (desirable).
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
BenevolentAI unites AI with human expertise to discover new and more effective medicines. Our unique computational R&D platform spans every step of the drug discovery process, powering an in-house pipeline of over 25 drug programmes. We advance our mission to reinvent drug discovery by harnessing the power of a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, experiences, opinions and personalities. In our offices in London and New York and research facility in Cambridge (UK), we work in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams, harnessing skills across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI, machine learning, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team will only contact you from the domain @benevolent.ai. If you receive a suspicious contact request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.