With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
Our people are what makes Benevolent so special and the People Team are at the heart of this, building key partnerships across the business and externally. We drive excellence with our business partnering approach, gaining a deep knowledge of our internal stakeholders, colleagues, and business processes, allowing us to offer high quality people solutions and drive positive employee engagement in line with the people plan.
In short, the People Partner will be able to implement and continuously improve clear and consistent processes, whilst also using data to influence decisions, and relationship building skills to work with and influence stakeholders. The measure of success will be the engagement and retention of colleagues as we strive to continue building a brilliant place to work.
- Supporting the delivery of our employee experience, focused on people planning, onboarding, talent management, employee relations, employee engagement, performance management, reward and recognition and employee offboarding
- Coaching and advising on People policies, practices and procedures; providing them with the skills and tools to proactively manage their teams effectively
- Proactively identifying and anticipating people issues and recommending solutions and frameworks that support the company culture
- Provides people solutions that maintain the balance between being a strategic business partner and employee champion
- Advising on all employee relations issues, always ensuring best practice, legal compliance and policies and procedures are adhered to - partnering with internal and external outside legal counsel
- Collaboration with the Talent Acquisition team to understand the hiring pipeline and create a positive onboarding process for all new hires and drive internal talent movement
- Supporting the L&D Manager with the annual performance review cycle and identifying employee development needs to maximise business and individual performance
- Collaborating with the Reward Analyst to ensure that employees are rewarded in line with career and market level, and supporting with the annual pay review cycle
- Collaborating with the Employee Engagement Manager to deliver internal communications and engagement activities which promote a positive employee experience
- Championing and owning a culture of continuous improvement in tools and policies through external market trends, workforce data analytics and internal best practice
- Using the people dashboard, data and metrics to make recommendations to improve the employee experience
- Supporting the delivery of the employee experience focused on people planning, onboarding, talent management, employee relations, employee engagement, performance management, reward and recognition and employee offboarding
We are looking for someone with
- A proactive, approachable HR Business Partner with proven success within a high-growth environment, preferably within the Tech space
- Great communication skills and the ability to challenge and effectively influence a variety of stakeholders
- Proven ability to identify people implications as a consequence of business decisions and changes to the organisation structure
- Innovation, excellent interpersonal skills, and a first rate collaborator
- Excellent organisation and ability to multitask effectively, delivering on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to manipulate and use data to inform better decisions and continuous improvement
- A solution focus, someone who seeks continuous improvement and adapts to changing situations
- Flexible, adaptable team player who always looks to support colleagues within the People Team and wider business
- Accuracy, attention to detail, pride in performance and business impact
- CIPD qualified (Level 5) or equivalent
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
BenevolentAI unites AI with human expertise to discover new and more effective medicines. Our unique computational R&D platform spans every step of the drug discovery process, powering an in-house pipeline of over 25 drug programmes. We advance our mission to reinvent drug discovery by harnessing the power of a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, experiences, opinions and personalities. In our offices in London and New York and research facility in Cambridge (UK), we work in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams, harnessing skills across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI, machine learning, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team will only contact you from the domain @benevolent.ai. If you receive a suspicious contact request, please email email@example.com. Thank you.