With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
The Office Manager will organize and coordinate office administration and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. The Office Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision and task delegation. An energetic professional who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
- Oversee daily operational tasks in order to keep the office running smoothly, ensuring it is clean, organised and stocked as a great place for colleagues and visitors
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Partner with Head of Office Operations & NY People Partner to maintain office policies as necessary
- Coordinate with UK IT department on all office equipment procurement and setup
- Manage relationships with vendors and service providers ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Project manage and lead on office space lease renewals and/or office moves as needed
- Provide general support to visitors
- Responsible for creating PowerPoint slides and making presentations when requested
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are secured for protection, retention, record disposal, retrieval and staff transfers
- Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution of equipment procurement, layouts and office systems
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office
- Ensuring that the office continues to be a safe and legally compliant space both during any pandemic restrictions and beyond, supporting remote working and phased return to the office in line with government guidelines and company decisions
We are looking for someone with
- Previous experience and demonstrable success within an Office Management role
- Previous experience of supporting with administrative duties
- Exceptional communication skills to liaise with Executive Management and service providers
- Great problem solving, solution-based approach to work
- Ability to manage projects and multitask and prioritise work
- Great attention to detail
- Well organised and excellent time management
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Approachable and able to build great relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Collaborates well with different teams on a daily basis and in project work
- Good systems skills, with proficiency using Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office packages
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
BenevolentAI unites AI with human expertise to discover new and more effective medicines. Our unique computational R&D platform spans every step of the drug discovery process, powering an in-house pipeline of over 25 drug programmes. We advance our mission to reinvent drug discovery by harnessing the power of a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, experiences, opinions and personalities. In our offices in London and New York and research facility in Cambridge (UK), we work in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams, harnessing skills across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI, machine learning, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team will only contact you from the domain @benevolent.ai. If you receive a suspicious contact request, please email email@example.com. Thank you.