With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
The key duties for this role will be split between Office Management, Executive level assistance, Health & Safety and wider operational administration. You will report directly to the Head of Office Operations with overall responsibility for the management of our London office
- Oversee daily operational tasks in order to keep the office running smoothly, ensuring it is clean, organised and stocked as a great place for colleagues and visitors
- Manage the office layout and assist with future planning and office moves
- Implement and manage policies and procedures for optimal use of space, desk and capacity planning in collaboration with the People Team and Leadership
- Ensuring that the office continues to be a safe and legally compliant space both during any pandemic restrictions and beyond, supporting remote working and phased return to the office in line with government guidelines and company decisions.
- Manage all Business travel
- Negotiate and review contracts with external service providers, and be the primary point of contact for the execution of facilities maintenance (managing maintenance and cleaning service providers, warranties, etc.) making sure is the best decision for the business
- Manage all the facilities leases and contracts, ensuring landlord and tenant obligations are fulfilled
- Develop, design and implement office policies and procedures, partnering with the Head of Office Operations as necessary to achieve this
- Ensure security of the premises, staff and equipment
- Coordination of staff and 3rd party partners and suppliers where they are involved in project and service delivery
Health & Safety (for London Office)
- Create H&S policies and procedures, monitoring and ensuring compliance with H&S regulations in all the BenevolentAI office location and producing reports as needed
- Take ownership of all health and safety risk assessments - this will include DSE and any pregnancy risk assessments
- Arrange H&S induction courses for all colleagues
- Record any H&S related incidents and recommend appropriate remedial action
- Work with the person who owns business continuity plans to ensure that the London office procedures are updated and in line with your role as part of the Business Continuity Incident Management Team .
- Carry out your role as required in the event that the disaster recovery plan for the London office is triggered.
- Management of London office team
We are looking for someone with
- Previous experience and demonstrable success within an Office Management role
- Previous experience of supporting with administrative duties
- Exceptional communication skills to liaise with Executive Management and service providers
- Great problem solving, solution-based approach to work
- Ability to manage projects and multitask and prioritise work
- H&S, First Aid, Fire Safety qualified
- NEBOSH/IOSH qualification not essential but desirable
- Great attention to detail
- Well organised and excellent time management
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Approachable and able to build great relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Collaborates well with different teams on a daily basis and in project work
- Good systems skills, with proficiency using Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office packages
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
BenevolentAI unites AI with human expertise to discover new and more effective medicines. Our unique computational R&D platform spans every step of the drug discovery process, powering an in-house pipeline of over 25 drug programmes. We advance our mission to reinvent drug discovery by harnessing the power of a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, experiences, opinions and personalities. In our offices in London and New York and research facility in Cambridge (UK), we work in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams, harnessing skills across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI, machine learning, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team will only contact you from the domain @benevolent.ai. If you receive a suspicious contact request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.