With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
As a Medical Director, you will oversee and manage the clinical development of assigned programmes and drive the execution of BenevolentAI clinical trials. The MD will report to the Chief Scientific Officer and provide medical and strategic input for all clinical deliverables.
- Initiation and driving execution of clinical programs and/or clinical trials from pre-clinical reg. Tox to phase 2b, in collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders to support company objectives. This will include but is not limited to working with external experts and Ad Boards, participation in planned regular calls with CROs and service providers, and providing input to communications with Ethics committees, Regulators, and Investigators.
- Drafting Clinical documents including Investigator Brochures, Protocols, and Clinical Development plans, and involvement in drafting Target Profiles (TPPs), including interaction with Commercial/Business Development colleagues.
- Responsible for the safety management of patients in BenevolentAI clinical trials and providing oversight of CRO medical monitoring teams and pharmacovigilance vendors.
- Directly or via an external network of experts, provide insight into atypical strategies for evaluation of emerging hypotheses and validation of technology output, including the use of biomarkers, omics signatures, and data-led decision tools.
- Interaction with BD teams, and involvement in Due Diligence.
We are looking for someone with
- A mix of at least eight years of Discovery, Translational Science and Clinical drug development experience in several therapy areas, with responsibility for ICH-GCP compliant clinical projects and regulatory studies in Europe/US, including CRO/vendor management, Regulatory interactions, and Pharmacovigilance.
- Proven ability to interpret, discuss and present efficacy and safety data relating to clinical trials.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective scientific partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Neurology, inflammatory, and immunotherapy experience is useful, however, good medical and scientific expertise in several disease areas and the ability to quickly evaluate and advance potential new projects in different areas is essential.
- Ability to work hands-on with other experienced colleagues in a flat structure. Ability to multi-task across projects. Ability to operate in an ambitious mixed Bio and Tech environment and enjoy the culture
- Confident to use personal expertise in areas outside of “comfort zone” and to question “legacy” approaches.
- Experience of working in small and larger size organisations
Training and Networks
- Medical degree (MD or MD/PhD) with clinical practice experience.
- Higher-level speciality training. ( ie Board Verified or MRCP)
- Excellent network of professional expert contacts, and KOL contacts.
- Existing interest in or experience with technology tools and machine learning are important.
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
BenevolentAI (AMS: BAI) is a leading, clinical-stage AI-enabled drug discovery and development company listed on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange. Through the combined capabilities of its AI platform, scientific expertise, and wet-lab facilities, BenevolentAI is well-positioned to deliver novel drug candidates with a higher probability of clinical success than those developed using traditional methods. The Benevolent Platform™ powers a growing in-house pipeline of 13 named drug programmes and over 10 exploratory programmes, and it maintains successful collaborations with AstraZeneca, as well as leading research and charitable institutions. BenevolentAI is headquartered in London, with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and a further office in New York.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team thinks about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team will only contact you from the domain @benevolent.ai. If you receive a suspicious contact request, please email email@example.com. Thank you.