Lead People Partner
With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
Working as part of a strong, unified people team, the Lead People Partner is an experienced people business partner role to support in solving organisational challenges through people-based solutions and in identifying ways to support as we evolve as a listed company.
Designed to work in partnership with designated Groups and managers, developing detailed understanding of the specific issues and challenges within the areas. A key focus will be delivering proactive and responsive people advice and successfully implementing the people strategy that delivers solutions.
You’ll be an integral part of the management teams you will support, so you’ll need to comprehensively understand the business and act as a thought leader regarding people and organisation topics. You’ll partner with cross-functional colleagues in talent acquisition, reward, learning & development and HR operations to design and execute people focused deliverables.
Finally, you will be coaching managers through an exciting time of change for the company, hence your ability to establish your personal and functional credibility and to build strong working relationships acting as a trusted advisor will be key.
- Robust business partnering for the assigned division; able to support and challenge the leadership and wider team. Develop and implement a strategic people plan, build frameworks and ensure delivery against this. Supports the organisation and culture in a fast-paced environment. Proactively identify and anticipate people issues, and recommend solutions & frameworks that support the company culture.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with level leaders, providing advice and support to managers: Working closely with management teams within designated directorates, attending team meetings and providing high-level advice and consultancy support
- Supporting managers in making decisions which are consistent with organisational values, ways of working and frameworks and are consistently applied. Working with the HR Ops team to produce and analyse workforce metrics to aid decision making, leveraging data, and gaining and actioning insights through HR tech.
- Working with the wider People team in projects in line with business requirements, developing project and implementation plans, monitoring progress and escalating issues where required.
- Contributing to a positive employee relations culture, respecting formal and informal channels of communication, whilst also developing new models for communicating and engaging with staff.
- Helping leaders across assigned divisions to measure and evaluate performance, recognise output and create consistency in staffing structures, job roles and contractual arrangements that best meet the changing needs of BAI.
- To help manage change in a way that balances legal, and contractual issues with practical considerations.
- Creating career paths and progression frameworks for the assigned division organisation and ensuring everyone is constantly developing, learning and growing, capturing learning and development trends and needs, cascading to the L&D Manager where appropriate.
- Supporting, developing and coaching people managers to manage all people issues in line with BAI frameworks, ideally resolving issues where possible at an early stage.
- Advising managers on our processes of non-employees e.g. consultants, contractors temporary workers etc
We are looking for someone with
- CIPD qualified, Member status (MCIPD), relevant degree level qualification or equivalent, or equivalent experience
- Experience should include a focus on performance management and talent/team development, organisation design and change management, management coaching, people-driven programmes and data and insights analysis/presentations
- Strong knowledge and application of UK employment law.
- Experience in the Biotech or Technology industry
- Up to speed with HRIS technology
- Approach issues with a ‘can do attitude’, focus on impact, driving tasks forward to a successful conclusion.
- Seen as an ambassador for the people services team
- Evidence of resilience
- Flexibility to undertake business travel to BAI office locations
- Proven ability to establish personal credibility quickly, demonstrate the organisation’s values and build trust with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent relationship building with the ability to collaborate, persuade and influence effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while working with ambiguity
- Evidence of sound judgement and a people-focused approach
- Evidence of excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
BenevolentAI unites AI with human expertise to discover new and more effective medicines. Our unique computational R&D platform spans every step of the drug discovery process, powering an in-house pipeline of over 25 drug programmes. We advance our mission to reinvent drug discovery by harnessing the power of a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, experiences, opinions and personalities. In our offices in London and New York and research facility in Cambridge (UK), we work in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams, harnessing skills across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI, machine learning, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team will only contact you from the domain @benevolent.ai. If you receive a suspicious contact request, please email email@example.com. Thank you.