Lead Employee Engagement Manager
With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
We’re looking for an experienced Employee Engagement Manager to assume responsibility for the day-to-day employee engagement strategy and plans. Responsible for our Employee Value Proposition as well as ensuring our vision, progress, projects, and initiatives are communicated to employees and internal stakeholders through multiple channels including events, content generation, and digital/social tools.
- Own and deliver our employee engagement strategy
- Ensure that our employees connect with the company’s mission and values and work closely with our communications team to share relevant information with our employees in a timely manner
- Create a collaborative work culture and engage the team:
- Ensure we have a plan to enable those working remotely as well as in the office to interact, collaborate and engage through various channels and events.
- Coordinate the companywide innovation week, new joiner orientation, and other annual company events
- Work with the office team to create a plan for office events across all locations, to increase employee engagement and collaboration across the teams and offices.
- Support the rollout of initiatives from an engagement level to ensure they are integrated successfully into the business - lunch and learns, patient perspective talks, and Science Seminar Talks
- Oversee and run the networking groups and our social connect teams
- Work with the people team to measure the impact of events and recommend changes as required
- Work alongside our Talent Acquisition and External Communication teams, to create and manage our employer value proposition project, to promote positive company culture and attract new talent
- Analyse retention data and work with the People Partnering Team to create specific retention initiatives and plan as required.
- Own, plan and deliver engagement surveys, analyse and share data and create an action plan to guide leaders, managers and colleagues
- Champion diversity initiatives and run events to support and celebrate our diverse culture. Build an annual calendar of events and work with the office team to organise this and celebrate our diversity.
We are looking for someone with
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- At least 4 years experience of working in employee communications, engagement, employee experience in a scaling company, including fostering great relationships with internal customers
- Experience of detailed employee listening and insights-gathering, through a range of methods
- History of designing and leading impactful communication and engagement programs and projects beyond the written word
- Is able to analyse data and an ability to translate these into actionable insights
- Deep familiarity with the challenges and opportunities of working in a fast-paced, diverse, dispersed and global organization
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise their own work
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- Able to keep calm under pressure
- Experience/interest in technology, innovation and science is desirable but not essential
- Proven track record in developing and delivering employee engagement plans as well as knowledge of engagement surveys and action plans are advantageous
- Creative thinking and someone who can bring some innovation to this space woud be ideal
- Comfortable interacting with people across all levels as well as confident to run Company All Hands.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills and a strong eye for detail
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
BenevolentAI (AMS: BAI) is a leading, clinical-stage AI-enabled drug discovery and development company listed on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange. Through the combined capabilities of its AI platform, scientific expertise, and wet-lab facilities, BenevolentAI is well-positioned to deliver novel drug candidates with a higher probability of clinical success than those developed using traditional methods. The Benevolent Platform™ powers a growing in-house pipeline of 13 named drug programmes and over 10 exploratory programmes, and it maintains successful collaborations with AstraZeneca, as well as leading research and charitable institutions. BenevolentAI is headquartered in London, with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and a further office in New York.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team thinks about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team will only contact you from the domain @benevolent.ai. If you receive a suspicious contact request, please email email@example.com. Thank you.