Executive Assistant / Office Manager
With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
The Executive Assistant/Office Manager is responsible for maintaining a clean, organized, and well-run office environment where we can all best deliver on our goals. We are seeking a friendly and enthusiastic individual to take on this role on a permanent basis. The expectation would be to work in the office four days a week (the other day work from home), and later in the year, would likely gradually ramp up to five days a week in the office if required.
- Be creative to provide the best working environment for the team.
- Act as an ambassador for the company with all visitors and vendors, helping in a professional and pleasant manner, providing a reliable and dedicated service.
- Work with key stakeholders to run facilities and office projects.
- Assist in onboarding new employees as they join; conduct office onboarding and first-day tour
- Be the on-site head of Health and Safety: make sure there are first aid supplies available, lead the fire evacuation plan, and ensure and monitor compliance with safety regulations
- Be the point person for on-site IT in collaboration with the London-based IT team: Ensure WiFi, video conferencing units, and laptops are operational and repaired if malfunctions arise. Load new laptops with company software and track all the locations of all local IT inventory.
- Ensure the security of the office space and make sure doors are locked at the end of the day.
- Maintain in-office records: labour law posters, HR documents, Health and Safety records, etc.
- Implement and manage policies and procedures for optimal use of the space in collaboration with HR, Comms, and Office teams
- Help the team with travel plans when needed it
- Work with People and Comms functions on the development of well-being practices at work.
- Assist with coordinating New York and company-wide social events.
- Other miscellaneous tasks, as directed by the New York Senior Team and Head of Office Operations.
We are looking for someone with
- A friendly, confident, and approachable manner; able to put people at ease and to work with people from different backgrounds and experiences
- Eager about hands-on work and pitching in wherever needed; willing to get your hands dirty
- A positive outlook and an energetic style, Excellent time management skills
- High standards in everything you do
- The ability to work autonomously and run tasks solo
- Proactive and able to anticipate issues/risks and plan accordingly; take preventative action
- Capacity to deal with a wide variety of different tasks and come up with innovative solutions to challenges
- Passion for making an impact through creating a work environment where people can thrive.
- Start-up experience – worked in a multi-dimensional support role with lots of moving parts for a growing and ever-changing environment.
- Experience in dealing with the public in a customer-facing or hospitality role
- Experience providing a high level of service in an office environment
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
BenevolentAI unites AI with human expertise to discover new and more effective medicines. Our unique computational R&D platform spans every step of the drug discovery process, powering an in-house pipeline of over 25 drug programmes. We advance our mission to reinvent drug discovery by harnessing the power of a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, experiences, opinions and personalities. In our offices in London and New York and research facility in Cambridge (UK), we work in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams, harnessing skills across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI, machine learning, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team will only contact you from the domain @benevolent.ai. If you receive a suspicious contact request, please email email@example.com. Thank you.