DMPK Principal Scientist
With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team within BenevolentAI. In this role, you will be based in the laboratory, responsible for driving assay design, and performing and reporting DMPK assays and parameters. Reporting through your line manager to the Director of DMPK and In Vivo, you will work closely with the laboratory lead and project reps to shape and align the in house assay platform to support the pipeline project screening cascades. This position will allow you to develop your knowledge of the discipline while actively shaping our laboratory platform, and most importantly, influencing the progression of projects.
- Design and perform DMPK experiments, communicate results to project teams, and solve project issues.
- Champion and develop new approaches, processes and assays within the group, and proactively drive change. Perform a range of ADME assays, ensuring quality and timely delivery.
- Provide bespoke adaptations to assays to solve project problems such as enzyme phenotyping, metabolite ID etc.
- Conduct data processing, as well as data review and QC checking.
- Keep abreast of literature; interact with peers in the ADME/DMPK scientific arena.
- Use state-of-the-art automation to perform laboratory work, in conjunction with a LIMS system (Watson) to manage our PK workflow.
- Where appropriate, you will represent DMPK as the subject matter expert on project teams.
- Build an open, honest, and collaborative relationships within and outside the DMPK function.
- Work closely with database leads to ensure all data is reported and available in Dotmatics ELN and database.
- Coach junior staff with experimental design and troubleshooting, foster a highly innovative mindset and guide development of new assays, being a role model for scientific excellence.
- Critically evaluate our processes and contribute to assay development, including the experimental design, execution, data reduction and interpretation.
We are looking for someone with
- You will hold a B.Sc., M.Sc. and/or Ph.D. in chemistry, biology, pharmacology or related field of research or equivalent experience.
- A proven track record of considerable years' experience, around in vitro and in vivo DMPK and excellent knowledge of ADME and ideally PK. Able to couple data to optimization and selection in discovery and development.
- In-depth knowledge of ADME scientific area and proactively can propose new development in tools or study designs.
- Experience in working with cross functional project teams to support drug discovery and/or pre-clinical development.
- A strong understanding of bioanalytical methodology and metabolism/pharmacokinetic data analysis. Experience of metabolite identification, using a Q-tof platform or similar is preferred.
- Be well organised, self-motivated and with excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Be proficient in operating and trouble-shooting HPLC-tandem mass spectrometers(LC-MS/MS).
- Familiarity with using Masslynx, Metabolynx, Openlabs and Analyst software in addition to Watson LIMS and Phoenix Win/Nonlin.
- Ideally with some experience of supervising, managing and developing staff.
- Computing skills, including word processing and use of spreadsheets (e.g. Microsoft Office packages and Google G-suite).
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
BenevolentAI (AMS: BAI) is a leading, clinical-stage AI-enabled drug discovery and development company listed on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange. Through the combined capabilities of its AI platform, scientific expertise, and wet-lab facilities, BenevolentAI is well-positioned to deliver novel drug candidates with a higher probability of clinical success than those developed using traditional methods. The Benevolent Platform™ powers a growing in-house pipeline of 13 named drug programmes and over 10 exploratory programmes, and it maintains successful collaborations with AstraZeneca, as well as leading research and charitable institutions. BenevolentAI is headquartered in London, with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and a further office in New York.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team thinks about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team will only contact you from the domain @benevolent.ai. If you receive a suspicious contact request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.