Director of Information Architecture
With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
On our mission to deliver novel therapeutics to patients, we have witnessed significant growth in our teams, platform capabilities and the data that supports all of our work. As a result of this growth a new Director of Information Architecture role has been established, to help coordinate the management of all data used in our Drug Discovery programmes and ensure we continue to have in place industry-standard data management best practices and policies. This role will report into the SVP Informatics and Data and will be responsible for owning and maintaining the company Data Catalogue as well as working with stakeholders across the business to deliver operational excellence in areas of Data Governance, including metadata management, data cataloguing and lineage management.
- Establish a new Data Management Function, responsible for coordinating company-wide data management activities.
- Work with key stakeholders across the business (Data Owners, Legal, Governance, Licensing, Drug Discovery and Technology), to build and maintain a centralised view (e.g. Data Catalogue) of all company data assets following FAIR data principles.
- Review and update existing company data management policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Strategically coordinating the rollout of new and updated data management policies.
- Define data management strategies to ensure the company is optimally positioned to utilise all available data.
- Disseminate the application of good data management across the organisation.
- Work with the relevant stakeholders to value proprietary and third-party datasets, and identify the gaps in the company’s data repositories.
We are looking for someone with
- MSc or higher in computer science, data science, informatics or related field of data research.
- 5+ years of Data Governance, Data Operations, Data Management experience working at a senior level in the pharmaceutical or life sciences industry.
- Experience in writing and coordinating the successful rollout of data management SOPs across a business and managing external data audits.
- Experience in data governance solutions, such as cataloguing, lineage and Master Data Management (MDM).
- Experience in working with data coming from large public biomedical resources (e.g. EBI, NCBI, UK Biobank).
- Experience in working with patient-level data (e.g. genetics, genomic sequencing, clinical) and excellent understanding of the regulatory requirements of using such data in different jurisdictions (e.g. GDPR, HIPAA).
- Good understanding of in-silico and lab-based Drug Discovery concepts and processes,
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence at all levels of the business.
- Familiarity with inbound and outbound data licensing, implications of the copyright and database rights in data mining, AI, and the life science space.
- Familiarity with Big Data challenges and technical solutions that deliver value from such data.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in building and managing cross-functional teams and experience in managing, both direct and matrix approaches (note that role will not have direct reports from the start).
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
BenevolentAI unites AI with human expertise to discover new and more effective medicines. Our unique computational R&D platform spans every step of the drug discovery process, powering an in-house pipeline of over 25 drug programmes. We advance our mission to reinvent drug discovery by harnessing the power of a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, experiences, opinions and personalities. In our offices in London and New York and research facility in Cambridge (UK), we work in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams, harnessing skills across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI, machine learning, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team will only contact you from the domain @benevolent.ai. If you receive a suspicious contact request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.