With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
At Benevolent AI, we redesign drug discovery from engineering-first principles. Grounded in data, AI and the life sciences, we build products that enable us and our partners to discover drugs in a faster and more reliable way, to better serve patients with high unmet medical need. The Data Scientist is at the heart of our operations, transforming our data into valuable tools for drug discovery. As a Data Scientist, you will play a critical role in defining and measuring our scientific impact on the drug discovery process.
You will apply your skills to rigorously understand and evaluate the quality of our data and algorithms, often using data visualization. You will work in cross-functional teams, at the interface between our internal users investigating the biology of diseases, and our engineering and AI teams building technology.
You will contribute to developing powerful products for discovering therapies for some of the thousands of diseases that have no treatment today. We are excited for you to come meet the challenge!
- Take responsibility for understanding and analysing the quality of our algorithms and data for a various Product Areas.
- Collaborate with and gather requirements from a range of different stakeholders, including Product Area Leads and Senior Leadership.
- Understand Product Area priorities, ambitions, vision and pain points to determine the best approach to enable high quality, user lead data analysis.
- Work with machine learning teams to help determine the best approach to evaluating the performance of our models and algorithms.
- Write data pipelines in Python and SQL to get from raw data to data that is ready to be analysed for insights.
- Calculate Product Area and model performance metrics using a combination of Python, SQL and Tableau.
- Design and implement interactive data visualisations in Tableau to allow users to better understand the performance of our products, models and systems.
- Support user research to determine the next steps or iteration for the analysis.
- Work with other functions to establish appropriate data quality controls, benchmarks, and meaningful model performance metrics.
- Pair-code and assist teams across the company on best practices in Tableau, SQL and Python to ensure consistency and good data storytelling.
- Engineer solutions in the context of well-maintained and well-documented code bases.
- Communicate findings and results to stakeholders across the company.
We are looking for someone with
- BA, MS or equivalent experience in relevant fields, such as Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Systems Biology, Bioinformatics, Cheminformatics, or Computational Biology/Chemistry.
- Established industry experience as a data scientist or data analyst.
- Experienced owning and leading a data project, including: gathering requirements, collaborating with stakeholders, identifying potential solutions, driving a solution forward and improving it iteratively.
- Skilled in building high quality data visualizations and user interfaces in Tableau.
- Skilled in Python (specifically, the data scientist toolkit including numpy, pandas, scikit learn, Jupyter notebooks) and SQL.
- Experience applying statistical frameworks to assess product or model performance.
- Good software engineering practices including knowledge of version control management for code.
- Highly motivated to contribute to our mission.
- Team oriented, able to thrive in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Excellent communicator, especially when it comes to colleagues from other specialties.
Preferred (not required) qualifications/experience
- Scientific knowledge of biology and chemistry
- Experience working with complex ML-activities that are complex to analyse
- Product experience
- Strategic planning skills
- Experience developing APIs
- Experience in drug discovery research or the industry
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
BenevolentAI (AMS: BAI) is a leading, clinical-stage AI-enabled drug discovery and development company listed on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange. Through the combined capabilities of its AI platform, scientific expertise, and wet-lab facilities, BenevolentAI is well-positioned to deliver novel drug candidates with a higher probability of clinical success than those developed using traditional methods. The Benevolent Platform™ powers a growing in-house pipeline of 13 named drug programmes and over 10 exploratory programmes, and it maintains successful collaborations with AstraZeneca, as well as leading research and charitable institutions. BenevolentAI is headquartered in London, with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and a further office in New York.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team thinks about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team will only contact you from the domain @benevolent.ai. If you receive a suspicious contact request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.