Senior Scientist - Data Management Specialist
With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
We are looking for an individual with a proven track record of integrating biology and chemistry data streams from a variety of lab-based environments. As a specialist in data management within BenevolentAI, you will have a central role in supporting and progressing an exciting portfolio of AI-enabled Drug Discovery programs, across a range of therapeutic areas, from hit identification through to clinical development. As a key member of our Discovery Enabling Team (DET), you will work across our portfolio. Collaborating closely with Drug Discovery Scientists from DMPK, in vitro and in vivo Biology, Chemistry, and Informatics departments. To streamline data processes that support our internal candidate-drug programmes in our AI-driven drug discovery pipeline.
- Work closely with both internal teams and external CROs to set up flexible tools and user-friendly processes, which allow our scientists to maintain ownership of their data, workflows and quality assurance checks
- Develop workflows for experiment-data processing, capture, reporting and visualisation
- Support our ongoing integration of the Dotmatics suite into the Benevolent discovery process
- Integrate data derived from the laboratory, Excel, Prism, and external Chemistry and Biology ELNs
- Help integrate compound management, ordering and inventory across our internal and external repositories
- Support our management of user licences, platform updates and training
- Based on your knowledge of the drug discovery process, you will champion the assessment of alternative workflows and data interfaces to further improve and reimagine our processes
We are looking for someone with
- Experience in Drug Discovery Informatics, relevant degree or MSc/Res qualification in life sciences
- Commercial experience in supporting drug discovery informatics; preferably +3yrs of data management type activities in a drug discovery environment
- A collaborative working style with good organisation and communication skills
- An understanding of the challenges of bulk data transfer between systems; cross-platform integration and data warehousing
- Experience in developing, integrating and improving custom workflows, confident rollout and support to user teams
- Experience in communicating closely and effectively with multi-disciplinary project teams, to ensure efficient data analysis, assured data quality and smarter data visualisation
- A track record of understanding the data needs of drug discovery; suggesting innovative solutions to improve data flow, data availability and resolving assay analysis and data integration issues with internal and external teams
- Familiarity with commonly used informatics tools and Scientific workflow systems; Pipeline Pilot, Knime, programming languages such as SQL, Excel-VBA, Python and Web APIs
- An understanding and applied business use of Biology and Chemistry ELNs
- Familiarity with data-management tools; e.g. Dotmatics, Genedata, XLfit, Prism, Tibco Spotfire, CDD Vault, IDBS-ActivityBase
- Your primary focus will be on drug discovery data types, but there is an opportunity to broaden your role to include other domain knowledge areas, representation and consultation across BenevolentAI project teams
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
BenevolentAI (AMS: BAI) is a leading, clinical-stage AI-enabled drug discovery and development company listed on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange. Through the combined capabilities of its AI platform, scientific expertise, and wet-lab facilities, BenevolentAI is well-positioned to deliver novel drug candidates with a higher probability of clinical success than those developed using traditional methods. The Benevolent Platform™ powers a growing in-house pipeline of 13 named drug programmes and over 10 exploratory programmes, and it maintains successful collaborations with AstraZeneca, as well as leading research and charitable institutions. BenevolentAI is headquartered in London, with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and a further office in New York.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team thinks about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team will only contact you from the domain @benevolent.ai. If you receive a suspicious contact request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.