Chief Medical Officer
With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
The Chief Medical Officer will report directly to the Chief Scientific Officer. The primary role of the CMO will be to provide leadership and direction for the organisation’s pipeline of clinical development programs. The CMO will be responsible for the strategy, direction and execution of the company’s clinical development plans.
- Accountable for the development and execution of the medical and clinical development strategy throughout the development life cycle
- Oversight of Development Plans through management of third party CROs and supervision of medical and scientific experts in clinical development
- Close collaboration with internal experts (Regulatory, CMC, commercial, program management) and external government agencies, DMCs, scientific networks and KOLs on delivering successful development programs, registration and reimbursement dossiers
- Medical representative of the company during BD activities and investor interactions
- Participation in the executive management team of the company when required
- Responsible for the orchestration and management of clinical aspects of regulatory strategies and interactions with Health Authorities
- Accountable for the design, implementation, safety, and data quality for all company-sponsored clinical studies
- Oversee the analysis and interpretation of clinical trial data and the reporting of clinical trial results
- Lead interactions with academic thought leaders, investigators, cooperative groups, and other clinical stakeholders
We are looking for someone with
- Knowledge of relevant FDA regulations and guidelines as well as those of the EU and other health authorities; experience in interactions with FDA personnel is essential; experience in interactions with other health authorities a plus
- Experience or knowledge of Orphan or genetic rare disease drug development a plus
- Experience in translational medicine, clinical pharmacology and early-stage development is desirable
- Excellent knowledge of the competitive environment for drugs across a range of disease-specific marketplaces and in research and development pipelines
- Must have a thorough knowledge of clinical research concepts, practices, and GCP and ICH Guidelines.
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
BenevolentAI unites AI with human expertise to discover new and more effective medicines. Our unique computational R&D platform spans every step of the drug discovery process, powering an in-house pipeline of over 25 drug programmes. We advance our mission to reinvent drug discovery by harnessing the power of a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, experiences, opinions and personalities. In our offices in London and New York and research facility in Cambridge (UK), we work in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams, harnessing skills across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI, machine learning, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team will only contact you from the domain @benevolent.ai. If you receive a suspicious contact request, please email email@example.com. Thank you.