Assistant Management Accountant - 12 Month FTC
With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
This is a 12-month full-time maternity cover contract. We are looking for a part qualified accountant role, who reports to the Finance Manager, based in our Cambridge office, to support the Financial Operations team, predominantly with management accounting monthly tasks and a variety of support to Finance. This role is also an important ambassador of Finance to the wider company in a business partnering role, helping proactively with non-finance teams with finance and procurement queries.
- Management Accounts and Monthly Close Process– Processing month-end transactions across a number of entities in the Group, assisting Financial Operations and FP&A teams with ad hoc and regular work to support prompt and accurate reporting of monthly management accounts, performance analysis and reporting. This is likely to include working on: weekly bank reconciliations, weekly staff expenses accounting, monthly petty cash accounting, monthly fixed asset accounting, monthly prepayment accounting, monthly accrual accounting, monthly journal entries, monthly review of profit & loss for variance analysis and highlighting of changes and review of transactions to check for appropriate coding to the general ledger.
- VAT - ensuring VAT is correctly coded, reviewing and preparing the quarterly Group VAT returns to the point of this being ready for submission to HMRC via Netsuite.
- Timesheet management - to manage the setup and completion of the timesheet system for our drug discovery team to ensure monthly completion on time and completeness of records, adding users and projects, and setting up for each new calendar year.
- Expensify System administration support – To support the start to finish of expense administration, using the Expensify cloud-based platform and ensuring this information is brought correctly and timely into Netsuite accounting platform for payment in due course. This will include managing users, for example: adding/removing/changing line managers, allocating appropriate policies to employees, educating employees on the use of Expensify and guidance on expenses claimable and contacting Expensify to resolve any system issues.
- Supporting the Finance Manager with carrying out Finance induction training with new employees, ensuring the documentation in the induction slides and confluence intranet pages reflect the latest guidance
- Accounts Payable and Purchase Order support - to assist as backup to procurement function and accounts payable team to cover absences/workload fluctuations. This will include Amici user administration to add starters and remove leavers
- Adhoc Duties to support the wider Finance team with providing their deliverables and compliance, for example for Office of National Statistics reporting, Year-end support for accounting, audit and tax, periodic fixed asset stock check vs register and any financial analysis
- Strong systems experience and interest to become a superuser on Netsuite accounting, Expenses platform(s) and other software applications that may be used from time to time - including JIRA being used for Purchase Orders
- Helping to identify and implement control and process improvements.
We are looking for someone with
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Part-qualified accountancy qualification with strong book-keeping knowledge and reasonable understanding of international VAT re coding of supplier invoices and expenses.
- Minimum intermediate Excel (Vlookups & Pivots).
- Multi-currency, multiple entity Accounts system experiences.
- A highly motivated individual who takes pride in delivering high-quality work on a consistent basis, is conscientious and sees tasks through to the end.
- Good planning and documentation skills to help yourself and others quickly reference key information and meet deadlines.
- Being comfortable and able to adapt and embrace change in a fast-growing company, proactively looking for improvements to the processes and controls to support increased transaction volumes and changes in business needs.
- A team-oriented approach to working including shared learning and development, offering to support others where time permits and focused on achieving personal and team goals and deliverables.
- Able to manage own time and workload effectively, managing expectations and requesting help where needed.
- Communicate clearly and professionally on relevant finance-related matters, proactively work with others to identify, alert, progress and resolve issues, considering a company-wide view to achieve the best outcomes.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
Nice to haves:
- Oracle Netsuite experience
- Cloud based Expenses platform experience
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
BenevolentAI (AMS: BAI) is a leading, clinical-stage AI-enabled drug discovery and development company listed on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange. Through the combined capabilities of its AI platform, scientific expertise, and wet-lab facilities, BenevolentAI is well-positioned to deliver novel drug candidates with a higher probability of clinical success than those developed using traditional methods. The Benevolent Platform™ powers a growing in-house pipeline of 13 named drug programmes and over 10 exploratory programmes, and it maintains successful collaborations with AstraZeneca, as well as leading research and charitable institutions. BenevolentAI is headquartered in London, with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and a further office in New York.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team thinks about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team will only contact you from the domain @benevolent.ai. If you receive a suspicious contact request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.