Applied Drug Discovery Analyst
With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
Benevolent is hiring for biological scientists with a background or demonstrable track record in applied bioinformatics or biology-driven data science in drug discovery. These individuals, depending on experience, will join a team providing overall scientific and applied drug discovery direction to the growing BenevolentAI drug discovery platform and approaches.
Primarily facing the early drug target identification space, these individuals will be responsible for engaging with disciplines across the company ensuring new developments meet the needs and requirements of drug discovery across multiple disease areas.
Based at our London offices you will work closely with a diverse range of experts in biological sciences, chemical sciences, clinical, commercialisation, artificial intelligence, deep/machine learning and informatics teams to enrich the expanding BenevolentAI drug discovery portfolio.
- Provide scientific leadership and requirements for BenevolentAI platform development in multiple domains, representing the needs of drug discovery users with a wide range of partners and stakeholders.
- Develop and deploy scientifically rigorous methods to evaluate and measure the impact of new AI/ML methods in enabling new drug target evaluation.
- Based on drug discovery and/or biological experience, make data driven decisions to advance approaches to impact drug target identification.
- Collaborate and partner widely across different domains and disciplines within Benevolent to represent the needs of drug discovery in new technology developments, evaluation, roll-out and use.
- Responsible for regularly reporting progress and issues with clear strategic recommendations to Senior leadership, Board of Directors, and/or Investors as and when required.
- Contribute to Benevolent portfolio activities by participating in target identification for diverse diseases/mechanisms using the Benevolent AI/ML driven target identification platform.
- Contribute to external collaborative relationships with academic leaders and contract research organisations as required.
We are looking for someone with
- BSc / MSc / PhD in biological sciences with 2+ years industry research experience, preferably consisting of real applied bioinformatic or ‘big data’ approaches in disease-focussed biological research.
- You are likely to have a background in a biological discipline, with some exposure to bioinformatics methods, and demonstrable track record in communicating needs and interpreting results with more informatics specialist colleagues.
- Experience of early drug discovery and drug target identification, and demonstrable understanding of the role AI/ML can have here.
- Experience of successfully working in multi-disciplinary drug discovery & development teams, with excellent communication skills and the ability to forge productive relationships and collaborations both internally and externally.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage different projects and deliver to defined timelines.
- Evidence of creative thinking and problem solving, confidently applying novel strategies to move projects to important decision points quickly and efficiently.
Nice to haves
- Experience of leading drug discovery target validation programmes into chemistry optimisation desirable but not necessary.
- Experience in one or more areas of human disease or mechanistic pathways associated with disease, such as neurodegeneration, inflammation, fibrosis, diseases of aging or oncology, is desirable.
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
BenevolentAI (AMS: BAI) is a leading, clinical-stage AI-enabled drug discovery and development company listed on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange. Through the combined capabilities of its AI platform, scientific expertise, and wet-lab facilities, BenevolentAI is well-positioned to deliver novel drug candidates with a higher probability of clinical success than those developed using traditional methods. The Benevolent Platform™ powers a growing in-house pipeline of 13 named drug programmes and over 10 exploratory programmes, and it maintains successful collaborations with AstraZeneca, as well as leading research and charitable institutions. BenevolentAI is headquartered in London, with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and a further office in New York.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team thinks about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our team will only contact you from the domain @benevolent.ai. If you receive a suspicious contact request, please email email@example.com. Thank you.